A Prime Example

I've been speed painting my Age of Sigmar Sigmarines, and thus haven't posted any pics of them yet, but I have started on what will undoubtedly be the signature piece of the army, the Celestant Prime!

My idea here, and follow along...it gets weird, is to have the Prime morphing into the plane of existence from somewhere in the galaxy.  There for, the base and meteor swarm around his base will be painted in far out galaxy colors.  Then, I will paint the Prime himself partially black, and have him fade into the more vibrant colors of 'Reality'.  Ambitious project, but I'm excited about it.

Here's the start.  I used an airbrush to paint a galaxy scheme on the black round base, then used deep purple and midnight blue to color the meteor swirls.  I highlighted the swirls with screaming pink and Electric Blue.  Ivory was added as the white highlight.


More to come soon!

Update pic of the progress.  The 'zoning in from the cosmos' effect on the cape is done, and some basic base colors added.



Comments

Popular Posts