Father Knight aka My First Infinity Model

So I ordered the Infinity 'Operation IceStorm' starter box because I wanted to see what all the hype was concerning the game, and all the cool models.

I received it in the mail two days ago and promptly dug into the contents, which are amazing btw - just in case you were on the fence about buying it.  Anyway, I quickly decided that the PanOceania was going to be my faction - You see, I have this thing when it comes to Knights and Paladins, anything 'Holy' for that matter, and guess what???  They have Knights!

So I wanted to really do something a bit different with this lot, and by different I mean no airbrush and diving back into my roots with the old brush.  I also wanted to take my time with this lot and also try out my 'Washing' and/or 'Wet Blending' techniques, since it's been ages since I've painted using only those modes.

Here we have the Father Knight assembled.  The detail on these things is amazing...and fine.  As in, almost too fine.  I am aging and my eyes aren't what they use to be, so some of it is hard for me to pick out.

Anyway - I started by breaking out my wet pallet and dumping in some Black, Imperial Blue, Space Marine Blue, Magic Blue and finally Electric Blue.  (All Vallejo)


I started by washing in some Imperial Blue mixed with a dot of Black.  The made a color similar to 'Prussian Blue' (For those of you who Oil Paint or who have ever watched Joy of Painting!)
This color mix was used to Glaze all the recessed areas.


Next I started in with progressively lighter shades of Glaze on the armor, paying attention to where the light would reflect off the individual pieces of armor, and keeping those a lighter tone then the dark areas. 




Now I'm adding some Dead White to the mix, and glazing over the areas I want to leave white, and additionally lightening the areas of blue I want to shine.




He's almost finished at this point and all I have left to do is block in the base color for the sword.  I also decided to freehand the little insignia on his arm pad. 


Here's the finished model, complete with base.  Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts