The Four...Errr...19 Horsemen!

So, if you've been following this Blog you'll remember that earlier in the year I purchased a batch of Dark Elf Darkriders off Ebay for a steal!  Well, they were in pretty rough shape and needed some TLC, so the project kinda got put on the back burner...until now!

I dumped the pack out onto the table and tallied them up.  I have enough pieces to make 19 Darkriders, 5 Cold One Knights, a Sorceress on a Cold One and a Dread Lord on a Cold One.  That's a lot of painting to be done at once so I've decided to tackle the Darkriders now.

I again deviated from my normal priming methodology and painted all the models with Flat Black Primer.  I have an idea in mind for the horses and this will save me considerable time.  The Idea is to make the mounts Mist Walkers, so I've decided on a color pallet of Dark Brown, Brownish Orange and Mist Green.

Here's a look at them in their present state:



So I've tinkered around with some 'Proof of Concept' ideas and I'm partial to this combination.  There is a lot more highlighting to do on these, but I think (at its base level) I'm going to go with it.  Thoughts?


Okay, so I had to finish one of these guys just to see if I liked the proof...and I do, so they're going to all look like this one.  I'll post the steps I took to get here as I paint the rest of the riders!





Comments

Popular Posts