Dark Elf Assassin - SURPRISE M***** ****ER.


My favorite faction gets a little more love.  I was a little intimidated by this model; I don't know if it was because of all the awesome online pics I have seen of the competed work, or just that the model itself was set in one of the coolest poses of any model in the Fantasy line.

I started off basing this model in black with a white over-spray.  I broke out the airbrush for the cape and started with some screaming pink to build up the color on the outside of the cape.  For the inside I used a mix of grey and wolf-grey.  Some brown warm shadows were added to the left side of the model and cool blues were added to the right.

For the body I initially thought i'd go for an all black and purple armor set, with silver trim.  After completing the base colors I quickly realized I wasn't going to be happy with the final product so I changed it to a green-gold with silver highlights.  I kept some purple for the 'leather' portions of the armor and finished the whole thing off by glazing some more blues and browns in the shadows.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts