Speed Painting - 10 Models in 3 hours.


I have a unit of Hammerers that I want to include in the Dwarven army I am currently painting.  This all started when I decided to clean out an old Army Transport bag, and low-and-behold - I found a 4000 point Dwarf army just sitting in there.  I remember purchasing this off eBay about two years ago and never touched it.

There were several painted units already included in the army and since I'm just looking for another army to play with, what the hell - lets get started.

My thought here is that I'm going to paint these as quickly as I can just to get them on the table.  SO, without further adue' - lets get started.  On your mark, get set......GO!

I have previously primed the assembled models with a metallic silver paint.  I'm not counting this in the painting time since I like to have my primed models sit for 24 hours before painting them, and that would make this a not so speedy run.

At 8:07 I start washing the models with Nulin Oil.


8:32 Wash is being dried with blow drying (which I use throughout this process to speed drying times)


8:54 Dry-brush of Metallic Copper added to skirting, then washed with Agrax Earth-shade.


9:05 Faces painted with flesh tone.


9:34 Beards painted with Badger Paints - Craven Yellow.


9:51 Beards washed with dark flesh tone ink, faces washed with Rikeland Flesh.


10:41 Airbrushed blue OSL to gems, shoulders, weapons. - Three progressive steps using Magic Blue, Electric Blue and Ivory.


11:06 Banner Airbrushed with Red, highlighted Orange and shaded using Dark Brown.  Gold trim added to edges and DONE! - Picture Time.


I really liked this process.  It reminded me that not every models has to be painted at competition level and just putting some paint on them makes them so much more fun to Play, Display and Own.

Till next time,

Casey.

Comments

Popular Posts