Old School Metal - (Insert Guitar Riff)

A few weeks after picking up the Ironguts on Ebay, I happened onto a sale at my local hobby shop.  I found a classic Man Eater metal figure stuffed in a box.  The price?  $2.00.  Needless to say I scooped it up.

Now that I'm playing around painting a Sigmar Army, I think the War-band needs a leader, so I dug him out and painted him to proxy as my Tyrant General!

I followed the same basic prep work with this guy as I did on the Ironguts, and used the same Skin colors and methods.  I decided to not use a wash on this model, opting to create the color shadows with contrast and tone progression.  Here's a couple WIPS.  (Work In Progress Shots)



At this point some of the highlights are done on the clothing and weapon, but I wanted to do something cool with the feather head-dress (which is actually sticking into his skin...Yikes), so I decided to progress the purple into a yellow tip.  I think it turned out pretty good, and here are the finished photos.



And now he's fitting right in barking orders to the troops!


Until next time,
Casey



Comments

Popular Posts