The Finishing Touches

Time to finally complete this model so we can move on to the rest of our army.  So, initially I thought about using a rubber band to fashion a quick tether for our mount, but then decided the rubber would harden and crack over time.  I happened to be walking around the craft section of Wal-Mart (I know you probably picture me as a 60 year old granny, but no...there are treasures to be found in that isle!) and noticed a link of small copper chain for a buck!  Needless to say, I changed my mind immediately and opted for the pre-fabed chain.

Now then, how do we get it on our model?  Posing is always a concern, but we're not really doing a major conversion, so I decided to not waste time trying to make this more difficult then it had to be, besides, this army is going to battle this Thursday and needs some work!

We first cut our chain to length and fasten one end to the Warlord's hand.  I considered draping some of the chain around his arm, but it just looked like 'too much' for me, and opted to do the simpler version, which was to have a section poking out from the top.

Then the chain is fixed to the Ogre's ear.  I completed the look by adding a 'Dark Wash' from Army Painter, and highlighted the chain using a little 'Brass' from Vallejo.  The finished product is shown in the bottom picture.

Freshly Mounted and Glued Chain
After Washing and Highlighting
Next we'll be working on some of the weapons teams, and the Engineers.  We'll have to get a good core painted before we start jumping into our more ambitious projects, so be patient and we'll get through this together!

Until next time,

Casey

Comments

Popular Posts