Lights! Camera! Actio...wait a minute...

Painting miniatures is an expression of art, but one of the only ways to appreciate that art is if you are physically present to view it.  That's why we take pictures of our works, so we can share them with our fellow artists, and audience alike.

So, why the heck can't I take a decent picture???  I'm no camera expert, and have typically used my cell phone to post all the pictures you see on this Blog.  My backdrop is usually my paint station, cluttered with paint vials and a color soaked paper towel is my base. 

So many of the other artist's pages I visit display exquisite photos of their works, yet I can't seem to get the hang of it.  I checked out 'How to Make A Light Box', on the Internet, and quickly assembled my own.  I'm disappointed in the outcome of the pictures because to be honest, the ones I take on my cell phone appear to be better quality. 


Someone out there able to shoot any suggestions?  Here are some images I took of our Rat Clan, (All of which you've seen before), and they just look washed and faded.  I'm using a Cannon 105 Sure Shot, which should be sufficient. 


 Also, an update on our current project.  I've finished base coating the remaining rats and am plugging along towards completion.  I'll showcase the Rat Herder once finished, since you've all seen the 'Rank and File' troops before. 


Until next time,

Casey

Comments

Popular Posts